ACC SF Bay has more than 2000 members throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to contributing to its members' continuing education, ACC SF Bay provides a forum for peer networking.
Once each quarter, we host an orientation lunch for our chapter's new members. Yet, one of our chapter goals is to entice longer term ACC members who have not attended an ACC event in the last 12 months to attend some of the excellent events we offer our membership. So, we open our new member orientation lunches to some of our longer term members to contemporaneously familiarize new members and re-familiarize older members with some of the benefits of membership listed below.
JOIN US and YOU CAN BENEFIT from:
Attending educational programs of special interest for in-house counsel.
- We have 12 committees which focus on a particular area of interest for in-house counsel: Career Development, Clean Technology, Corporate & Securities, Diversity & Inclusion, Intellectual Property & IT, International Law, Labor & Employment, Litigation & Risk Management, Life Sciences, Privacy/eCommerce, Pro Bono and Real Estate. Each committee holds at least 4 meetings each year (generally 1 per quarter) and each meeting is open to all ACC members (and their 1 guest), provides 1 hour CLE credit and usually includes free food and drink.
- We also have monthly CLE sessions on various topics of interest to in-house counsel. They are typically held over lunch with duplicate sessions conducted in Palo Alto and San Francisco (and sometimes in the East and/or South Bay).
- Additionally, we hold 2 full-day events a year. In the past, these have included a CLE Spring Training in March and Mini-MBA Day in September or October. More recently, we have also held a fall Contracts program as well as a Hard to Find Credits (substance abuse, elimination of bias and ethics) program in January.
- Almost all of our meetings and events (including full-day events) are FREE to our members (and that includes all meals and receptions). Of course, some of our premium CLE events like our annual Day at the Ballpark and our Napa Valley Wine Tour do require that the members (these are generally "members or prospective members only" events) pay a subsidized fee for admission.
Establishing and maintaining a valuable professional network of fellow in-house counsel.
- Become an integral part of the local in-house community. Each SF Bay meeting and special event includes time for networking and connecting with others not only in your industry, but in the entire San Francisco Bay Area in-house legal community.
- Exchange useful and practical information with colleagues by actively participating in our meetings and special events. Opportunities are abundant from asking probing questions in our very interactive educational programs, to being a panel member or becoming a Committee Chair or Co-Chair. In- house counsel can participate on many levels -- from attending educational programs, networking opportunities, or social events, to serving on the committees that arrange these events. Members also benefit from the various National ACC Committees (and the National website) that address substantive practice areas.
Gaining access to resources available on the national ACC website.
- The online library at http://www.acc.com/legalresources/ offers a "Virtual Library" with thousands of sample forms, policies, presentations, primers, quick references, guidelines, articles, sample contract clauses and website links. The site also contains "Best Practices Profiles" - outlining in-house best practices across a variety of industries and situations. Other resources found there include:
- ACC InfoPAKs®: In-depth packages containing topic-specific articles and research materials. Quick Reference Checklists, charts, ACC Top Ten and other to-the-point materials of interest
- ACC Alliance: Products and services designed for in-house practitioners
- ACC Compliance Portal: Compliance & Ethics training tools
- ACC Knowledge Network: Locate a member with the expertise you seek
- PLC - Practical Law Company: Practical Legal Know-how for In-house Counsel
- ACC Value Index: A forum for members to share assessments of outside counsel
- ACC Webcast: Online presentations on legal topics
Receiving relevant, timely information on the in-house practice.
- The ACC Docket, a monthly award-winning journal, provides practical information relevant to the way in-house counsel do business.
- ACC's INHOUSE JOBLINE, an on-line national database of employment opportunities for in-house counsel, contains over 250 postings per month. Getting help when you need it the most.
- ACC Newstand ACC's daily email: Searchable legal updates
- ACC Newsletter
- Keep up-to-date on ACC member and committee news
Receiving in-transition support if you need it.
Should you become unemployed while a member, ACC will waive up to one year of membership dues while you seek another in-house position. If you have any other good cause or issues preventing you from renewing your membership, ACC will extend your membership as needed. Please contact ACC's National membership department with your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the many benefits of ACC SF Bay and National ACC, please contact Lucky Reckseit, our Membership Chair, or any of our Officers or Directors listed on this website, or by e-mailing email@example.com.