SDCBA/ACC Diversity Fellowship Program
What is the program?
The San Diego County Bar Association & the Association of Corporate Counsel created the San Diego Diversity Fellowship Program in response to the low number of diverse attorneys practicing law in San Diego County law firms and corporate legal departments. The Program is modeled after similar initiatives in Sacramento, Puget Sound/Seattle, Cleveland, St. Louis, Columbus, Atlanta, and the Bay Area. The main objectives of the Program are:
- To increase the number of diverse attorneys practicing in San Diego County law firms and corporate legal departments by providing first year law students with an opportunity to develop their skills and make professional contacts through fellowship opportunities at law firms and corporate legal departments;
- To assist San Diego County law firms and corporate legal departments in their efforts to recruit competent diverse attorneys by introducing them to qualified, diverse law students who may not have been identified by the firm or legal department through traditional summer programs. In addition, employment of these students provides a diversity of ideas which enhance the quality of legal services that participating employers may provide their clients.
Thank You to Our 2018 Participating DFP Employers
- Andrews Lagasse Branch & Bell LLP
- Brown Law Group
- District Attorney’s Office, County of San Diego
- Duane Morris
- Ferris & Britton, A Professional Corporation
- Higgs Fletcher & Mack, LLP
- Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton, LLP
- Perez Wilson Vaughn & Feasby
- Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP
- Public Defender’s Office, County of San Diego
- Sempra Energy
- Sony Electronics Inc.
- Wilson Turner Kosmo
Employers interested in participating:
If you are a law firm or corporate legal department interested in participating in the Program, please read the following:
1. DFP Overview for Employers
2. DFP Employer Frequently Asked Questions
3. DFP Employer Agreement
4. 2018 DFP Timeline
Law Students interested in participating:
If you are a law student interested in participating in the Program, please read/attend the following:
1. Please join us for an orientation at your local law school:
- Thomas Jefferson: November 9, 2017 (12:00pm - 1:00pm, Room 235)
- USD: November 13, 2017 (12:50pm - 1:50pm, Warren Hall, Room 2A)
- Cal Western: November 16, 2017 (12:45pm- 1:45pm, Room 2D)
2. DFP Overview for Law Students
3. DFP Law Student Frequently Asked Questions
4. 2018 DFP Timeline
5. APPLY HERE ** Applications for the 2018 program opens December 1, 2017 and close at 5:00pm PST January 26, 2018.
When does the program take place?
The Program takes place once a year during the summer (tpyically May - August) and lasts for 8-10 weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacie Patterson, Esq, DFP Director, at 619-269-8074 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org