IN-HOUSE COUNSEL CHANGING JOBS CHECKLIST OF RECORDS TO UPDATE
- NJ licensed attorneys file change of address to:
Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection
P.O. Box 961
Trenton, NJ 08625-0961
- NJ limited license in-house counsel file updates as follows:
Notify the Board of Bar Examiners within 60 days of termination of employment. If changing employers (remaining in-house), complete and file the Change of Employer form available from the Board of Bar Examiners.
Applicants for in-house license notify the Board of Bar Examiners of change of address.
Source: http://www.njbarexams.org Also, Rule 1:27-2 and NJ Supreme Court Supplemental Administrative Determination dated March 1, 2004.
- File any change of address with other licensing jurisdictions or authorities, if applicable.
- Notify the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Go to http://www.acc.com. Then click “Member Services”, then click “My Membership”, then click “Update my Record”.
- Notify the NJ State Bar Association, if applicable.
Go to http://www.njsba.com. Then click “Member Login”, then click “Membership”, then click “Change of Address”.
- Notify the American Bar Association, if applicable.
Go to http://www.abanet.org. Then click “Member Services”, then under Member Tools, click “Change of Address”.
- Notify other professional organizations of which you are member.
- Notify publishers of newsletter, periodicals, etc. that are delivered to old business address.
- Notify frequent traveler programs, e.g., airline frequent flyer accounts.
- And, reprogram all family cell and landline phones with your new office phone number.
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided as a convenience to the membership of the NJ Corporate Counsel Association. It is believed to be current on the date prepared and may not be complete. Members should independently confirm their individual obligations to properly comply with the requirements of licensing, bar admission, or other authorities.