ACC National Capital Region operates local committees (we call them Forums, Interest Groups and Initiatives) that focus on specific practice areas or industries and present programs on issues of significant and immediate concern to their constituencies. They are:
- Corporate Law Forum
- Diversity Initiative
- Employment and Labor Forum
- Global Issues Forum
- Government Contractors Forum
- Litigation Forum
- Nonprofits and Associations Forum
- Privacy and Data Security Forum
- Small Law Department Initiative
- Technology and IP Forum
These groups are designed to provide a higher level of programming to specialists in these practice areas and industries, as well as to provide members with enhanced opportunities to develop a professional network with their colleagues. Each of these groups is described on its own subpage, and contact information is provided for the chairs of the Forum.
FORUM eGROUPS: ACC National Capital Region has eGroups for the practice-area Forums. To subscribe to one of these eGroups, first you have to join the associated Forum. (There is no charge to join the Forum or subscribe to the eGroup.) Follow these instructions:
1. Go to the ACC website at www.acc.com and LOG IN.
2. Hover over My Network in the top toolbar and click on MY COMMITTEES & EGROUPS.
3. Click on JOIN/MANAGE COMMITTEES. It opens a new window. Click “yes” for any of the chapter committees you want to join. Click SUBMIT to put the change into effect. Then click at top to close the window.
4. Click on VISIT MY EGROUPS to view the eGroups to which you are subscribed. When you click on MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS, you will be able to change how you receive communications from the eGroups.