ACC Chicago has a robust calendar full of opportunities for Chapter members to become involved! Below is a brief description of the committees that lead the chapter in our efforts to serve the membership. Work side-by-side with your peers. Develop not only leadership skills, but beneficial professional relationships. Submit the volunteer form and we will make every effort to get you connected.
The Program Committee develops, recommends, and implements programs for the benefit of in-house attorney members. They work on:
- Sponsored MCLE Programs - Developed through the invaluable partnership with our Chapter sponsors
- Career Development Programs
- Social Events
- General Counsel Panel Program
The Community Outreach and Diversity Committee conducts activities designed to encourage and promote diversity and inclusiveness in the legal profession. Specific programs include:
- Street Law Programs (Northwest Suburbs and CPS High Schools) - Serving youth from diverse backgrounds. Volunteers visit participating classrooms and introduce students to the law. ACC Chicago brings the students and volunteers to a one day conference (one for each geographic component) in April and/or May.
- Diversity Summer Internship Program - Places first year law students with diverse backgrounds from Illinois law schools in internships with Chicagoland corporate legal departments. There is an extensive focus on mentoring and networking. Students attend seminars (networking, interviewing and resume writing tips) and all participants attend networking events hosted by the Chapter.
- Pro Bono Committee - This committee provides opportunities and information related to Chicago area pro bono involvement for in-house counsel. Researching and connecting the Chapter with a variety of organizations and events is the work of this committee.
- Community Outreach Events Committee - an ongoing focus of the Chapter and often developed in cooperation with our sponsors. We try to reach a variety of worthwhile organizations and causes that are valued by our Chapter members.
The Membership Committee engages in activities designed to facilitate the recruitment and retention of in-house attorney members of the Organization. This includes several networking events and many of our social events. Also included are CLO gatherings.
The Publicity/Marketing Committee endeavors to increase awareness of and promote membership in the ACC, and the Chicago Chapter, through a variety of vehicles.
The Finance Committee, under the leadership of the Treasurer, and direction from ACC HQ, oversees the budget and finances of the Chapter.
The Annual In-House Counsel Celebration Dinner Committee develops, recommends and oversees the fabulous annual dinner event including the choice of our Keynote Speaker.
The Newsletter Committee works to keep the publication on the cutting edge as a source of information for our Chapter members. Photographers are highly valued!